3.06.2009

What A Lovely Day

Today was a fab day! The sun was shining and it was warm and I am just so happy that spring is around the corner! I got to have lunch with one of my sweetest friends. I felt like I could have talked to her all day. I walked outside and took Kaitlyn to the park to have a picnic with friends. I am so grateful for the numerous friends that I have made over the last five years we have lived in Fayetteville. I NEVER would have guessed that I would grow to love this area so much. Five years ago, all I could think about was getting back to Colorado...as fast as possible. So much has changed and I am content to hang here.


I am excited for a calm weekend!

5 comments:

  1. you are amazing - you have chosen the right path - Katie and Avery and Shane are vey blessed to have you! God is holding you all very close.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here for you always and feel so grateful that I met someone so beautifully wonderful in the halls of a psych unit!!! Oh the twists and turns of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you guys had a great weekend!! Can't wait for lunch this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carissa-Have been thinking of you and your family so much. You are in my prayers. I don't want to intrude, but if I can help you in any way, with our family's experience or with translating the jargon, I am here for you day and night- anytime. There are not that many of us who have travelled a different path-we should "hold hands and stick together" to paraphrase Robert Fulghum. Love, J (M's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do not know me, but I found your site off of Baby Maxton's site. I had a CDH baby at the end of Dec that passed away at the begining of Jan, so I know exactly what you are going through. You sound like such a great family, hang in there miracles do happen and I will put you on our prayer list.

    BIG HUGS, the Smith's
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/ryannsmith

    ReplyDelete