3.11.2009

It's Cold...Again!

My favorite time of year is fall. Now in at a close second is spring. The only problem is that spring is the biggest tease ever! One day it's beautiful and the next day it is cold and windy. Today it is cold and windy...did you ever notice how after a couple of warm sunny days, the cold days seem even colder? Oh well. I don't have much to report as far as the baby goes. I went to my OB here in town last week and all the basics are looking good. We have an appointment next Thursday for an ultrasound. Docs just want to keep a close eye on my fluid levels.



Shane and I continue to have good days and not so good days. Sometimes tears come when we aren't expecting them and that's ok. I think that it is sinking in more that things are not going to just be ok. "It will be ok" tends to be my response to many of life's challenges. In this case, that phrase is not so helpful. It is hard sometimes to remind myself of all that is going on. All day long I field questions like "When is your baby due?" and "What are you having?" I just smile and answer and try to remain calm. I guess I just try to pretend that everything is normal. That way I don't fall apart when someone asks me questions about my baby. Then when I come home and I don't have to pretend anymore, I lose it. It's such a roller coaster of emotions. I look normal, I feel normal, but baby is not normal. It just sucks.



I've worked the past two days so today I am enjoying some down time. The house is quiet and I might just take a nap :).

6 comments:

  1. I think of you guys non-stop and I am always praying for your peace of mind. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a bit new to your blog so I am not sure of your entire story, but I just had my little one last week born with CDH. He is fighting his butt off and was not able to be placed on ECMO because of a brain bleed. They are using some unconventional vent methods, but they seem to be working. Just thought I would share. Prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how hard it can be, too, when strangers are asking questions about the baby. It is really hard not to say something, but it is easy just to answer their questions and cry in private. They are totally normal emotions, that all us CDH mommies (and daddies) have. Don't give up hope--you ALWAYS have that! Please continue to keep us posted, and I am praying that baby Avery will amaze everyone. Please continue to think about the possibilities...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could wrap my arms around all of you and really make it okay but instead I just cry quietly with you in my head. I am praying daily for God's grace for you to be able to stay strong. I ditto the Kuehl post in praying for Avery to amaze everyone and that you continue to hope for all good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about how hard it must be for mamas in your situation to deal with questions about the baby. I'm sorry. I'm glad you've seemed to have found some support from others in the same situation.

    I'm praying for a miracle for baby Avery and peace for you and Shane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate to you about strangers asking belly/baby questions. Since I didn't want people asking me about the baby, what I started doing was always looking "busy or looking around" b/c when you look right into their eyes/face is when the questions start. I know people were trying to be nice but I just didn't want to have the conversation.

    Never give up or loose hope. We are praying for Avery!

    ~ Carla - Joseph's mom - LCDH - 2.3.09 to 2.26.09

    ReplyDelete