11.30.2009

Here's the Update

Well, it's been awhile since I have gotten around to posting anything...partly because I have been busy and partly because I just have not felt like there was much to tell. So, here is the latest on what the family has been up too!

The biggest news is that I got a job! I am starting on January 4th at Rivendell Behavior Health. I'm very excited, scared, nervous and all that, but I think this is going to be a great opportunity for me. It is a step towards putting all the pieces back together. I will the counselor for the outpatient day school. There will be a lot of things to put together before I start and I'm hoping everything will work out.

We had a good Thanksgiving holiday. We spent a couple days in Louisiana with Shane's family and then headed back to AR for the weekend. It was great to get away and have some time to relax. I was just not sure how we were going to handle the holiday without Avery. It was really a mixed feeling for me. I so desperately wish that Avery could have been with us. But in a way, it is because of her that we were able to be together as a family for the whole holiday break. It's hard to explain. All in all, we are doing our best to keep going forward.

Kaitlyn is continuing to do great! She is still loving Kindergarten and having a lot of fun making new friends. It's hard to believe that this first year of school is almost half over. I knew it would go fast.

Please continue to pray for us as we continue to heal. Pray that I find after school care for Kaitlyn and that our house sells. We are so very thankful for all your continued support. Your comments and encouragement really do mean so much and we are just so grateful to have such wonderful friends!

Carissa

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are taking all the right steps to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all and so glad to hear about the job! This holiday was filled with alot of mixed emotions for me, too. I'm a little apprehensive about Christmas without Kaden here. Last year at Christmas, I was positive that he was going to be here for his 1st Christmas. Anyway, the healing continues...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a job. Glad to hear that it is with kids- adult issues can be a bit too much!!! Hope that this time of year brings you some peace in your heart. . . Imagine Heaven at Christmas!!! Avery has to be having a blast!

    Friend from Pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, I still check on your blog all the time. It was good talking to you last week. Congrats again on the job. I'm praying it is a very good thing! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy_of_YaDaDecember 11, 2009

    Still praying for your family and healing. Still thinking about Avery too! I miss you sweet little soilder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think about your family often but always praying.

    April

    Have a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure the holidays were hard. Your family is never far from my thoughts. Peace and love to your family from ours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Benton as well, My daughter attends Sunshine Academy on Hwy 5 just down from Rivendale. They have after school care. It would be easy for you to get to in the afternoon and they are great! It is a church run facility and we just love them.

    ReplyDelete