2.27.2009

YAY Friday!

Over the past couple of months, I have been in the process of trying to get my license to practice in Arkansas. It is the most annoying experience! Last month I took the National Counselors Exam which puts me one step closer to getting my license so now all I have left is my oral board exam. Sounds like fun! I've got my fingers crossed that I will do that in March and be done with this mess.

Now although it has been nice to have some time off after three straight years of graduate school, I am starting to get bored. Not to mention that I can't sit around and think about all the challenges ahead. So, I managed to wiggle my way into substitute teaching in one of the school districts in town! Today was my first day and I am proud to announce that I survived the Jr. Highers! It was exciting and rewarding to have contributed to society again!

I am thankful for Friday and looking forward to the weekend although the dread of Monday's appointments are in the back of my mind. YUCK!!

3 comments:

  1. it was good to talk to you sweetheart - keep remembering that He is in control always. I will be with you in spirit on Monday. Call me and kiss my Katie for me.
    Love to you all,
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carissa- My name is Ashley and I am due to be induced on Tuesday with my precious son, Maxton, who has been diagnosed with CDH. He has also been diagnosed with "possible" coarctation of the aorta (heart defect). They cannot get good pictures of his aorta so they are diagnosing him with that just to be safe. I just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you all. I found your blog through Craig and Kriti's. The CDH family is a very supportive one, although one I wish didn't have to exist. Keeping you in my thoughts
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Christy Michel. My son was born with a diaphragmatic hernia. I got your blog address from a cherubs member. I just want to offer my support. My blog address is http://burtnchristy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete